A Global Webinar Series on "Gender-Responsive Criminal Justice and Prison Reform"12 May 2020
TIJ-UNODC Borderless Youth Forum15 Jan 2019
The National Symposium on Restorative Justice20 Jun 2019
TIJ urges stakeholders to take part in shaping the Future of “Social Enterprise” in Thailand27 Nov 2018
Thailand Institute of Justice (TIJ) attended the 13th United Nations Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (13th UN Crime Congress) in Doha, Qatar from 12 to 19 April 2015. UN Crime Congress is held every five year since 1955, brought together representative of Governments, intergovernmental, non-governmental organization (NGO) and criminal Justice professional and scholars to discuss common concerns, share experiences and seek viable solutions to problems related to crime prevention and criminal justice.
The overall theme of the 13th UN Crime Congress is “Integrating crime prevention and criminal justice into the wider United Nations agenda to address social and economic challenges and to promote the rule of law at the national and international levels, and public participation." And TIJ attended which the role of substantive, co-organization in event and activities and any workshop.
In addition TIJ also attended The Doha Youth Forum, from 7 to 9 April 2015, held in advance of the 13th UN Crime Congress, provide the youth opportunity to help shape international law and public policy. More than 160 youth representatives from different countries participated in the event. And for Thailand's youth representative, including Pol Cadet Tatiyarerg Chaisinlapa from Royal Police Cadet Academy and Mr. Jakarin Treedara from International Relations, Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University, who was selected from "TIJ young ambassador" project which was held on March 18 last.
On 12 April, Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabha Mahidol visited and opened TIJ’s exhibition that exhibit throughout the congress From 12 to 19 April, with the theme is “Investing in the Rule of Law : Thailand ASAEN and beyond” to promoting the Rule of Law plays an integral part that creates a suitable environment, that consistent with the theme of 13th UN Crime Congress, and hope that will emphasize the proactive role of TIJ focused on promoting the Rule of Law in the Criminal Justice, as well.
TIJ have and activities during the 13 UN Crime Congress in the following events
TIJ organized and co-organized the event
- Ancillary meeting on: “Women and children as victims, offenders and agents of crime prevention.”
- Ancillary meeting on: “Improving the quality of crime and justice statistic: new standards and tool.”
- Ancillary meeting on: “Political aspects of crime prevention and their effects on reducing crime.”
- Ancillary meeting on: “Criminal Justice Performance Measures.”
TIJ’s experts participating as speakers and panelists in the event
- Workshop I : “Role of UN standards and norms in crime prevention and criminal justice in support of effective, fair, humane and accountable criminal justice systems (Panel I on “Women: treatment of offender, rehabilitation and social integration”)”
- High Level Panel Discussion on: “Violence against children in the field of crime prevention and criminal justice”
- Ancillary meeting on: “Transnational Crimes and Justice” (Presenting the Research on imprisoned women within the human right context.)